What happens when one woman (me) wears the world’s most versatile dress (a classic Diane von Furstenberg wrap) every day for thirty days? Well, there’s really only one way to find out.


Monday, May 3, 2010

Day nineteen - the DVF loves PBR

Sometimes the most remarkable thing about the DVF is its ability to go entirely unnoticed.

I wore the DVF to see some live music tonight - knowing full well that I would be the least hip person there. I thought about accessorizing the DVF with some hipster glasses, or my converse high tops, or one of those loosely tied Yasser Arafat scarves. (Clearly, my understanding of what constitutes a hipster comes entirely from the hipster puppies blog.) But then I thought - no. That would be counter to my hypothesis. That the DVF, in its rawest form, is perfect for any occasion.

And I was right! Can you even spot me among this sea of hipsters? Or do I just blend in, discreetly drinking my PBR and looking not at all confused about why the instruments the band members are playing look less like instruments and more like the thing a court stenographer uses?


No one looked askance at the one person who was NOT wearing skinny jeans and a confusing t-shirt. I mean, really. Look!



DVF, you've done it again. Pork pie hats off to you.

5 comments:

  1. Not to split hairs, but no one in these pics has on skinny jeans. ;-)

    I can find a much more hipstery crowd for you to juxstapose yourself against! Yeasayer is known to be more crunchy than your average indie-electronic band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the Yasser Arafat scarf is called a keffiyeh. I think it would look fetching with the dress.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keffiyeh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have to hire you as a hipster consultant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed w Brent. I don't see any neon in this crowd - they're obviously just posers.

    ReplyDelete