What happens when one woman (me) wears the world’s most versatile dress (a classic Diane von Furstenberg wrap) every day for thirty days? Well, there’s really only one way to find out.


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day twenty - the DVF is my constant

Tonight's episode of LOST was particularly gripping/heart-wrenching, so I was grateful to be cloaked in the comfort of the DVF.



The cold hard truth is that sometimes I sit around in my DVF and watch TV. (I can't promise this habit will end when The DVF Experiment does.) I mean, honestly. If those women who are stuck on the island can run around shooting people and skidding across the space/time continuum WITHOUT so much as putting their hair up in a ponytail...why can't I wear a luxurious dress to watch TV? It's really not any more absurd.

I would rather be stuck on the LOST island in the DVF than jeans. Jeans take forever to dry, and they don't breathe. Can you imagine trying to outrun the smoke monster in wet jeans? No. In a quick-drying viscose dress that allows for maximum stride? Yes, please.

7 comments:

  1. So what you're saying is that the viscose poly is better than silk jersey? 'Cause I'm not buying it. Nothing feels better than silk jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen this episode yet!! I am bracing myself. Who dies??? don't tell me. Yes tell me!! I will remember to don the closest thing I own to the DVF before viewing. A black wrap dress from like, Ann Taylor. Cotton. V sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog and the idea behind it. I will be checking in daily. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious - I just read every post. Genius. Can I link over from my blog?

    -Kerry's friend Stacey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Caitlyn. Can not stop laughing.........I want one.

    Your roommate Amy's mother

    ReplyDelete