What happens when one woman (me) wears the world’s most versatile dress (a classic Diane von Furstenberg wrap) every day for thirty days? Well, there’s really only one way to find out.


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day twenty-one - the DVF is a civil right

I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU. Here I am, carrying (or I guess to be entirely accurate, holding) my ACLU card:



I've been talking to the ACLU about doing some writing for their blog, and tonight I met with a friend - we'll call him David - to brainstorm about possible topics. When he asked me which civil rights violation really got under my skin, I told him that I am deeply troubled by the fact that there are some women in America who don't even OWN a DVF. A clear violation of their right to feel beautiful.

I spent a good twenty minutes describing to him, in detail, why every woman should own a DVF. Do I even need to tell you what came next?



To no one's surprise, "David" got hooked on the DVF. I practically had to rip it off him. He was worse than that baby from Day Seventeen!

Until we live in a country where every woman owns a DVF, and where men can be photographed in a simple yet elegant wrap dress without requesting that their faces be blurred out....well, the ACLU's work is far from over. And I will continue to fight the good fight.

DVFs for everyone!

4 comments:

  1. We'll call him "David"? Hmmm... I wonder why.

    I love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys must be the very best of friends if you'd share your dress with him like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My (thankfully cold) coffee came out my nose when I saw the photo of "David".

    ReplyDelete
  4. "David" needs pearls.

    ReplyDelete