What happens when one woman (me) wears the world’s most versatile dress (a classic Diane von Furstenberg wrap) every day for thirty days? Well, there’s really only one way to find out.


Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day twenty-four - the DVF, plus one

This post is a day late, because common sense dictates that when you get home from a wedding (and the subsequent after party) on the far side of 2 AM, you really should not post on your blog. The DVF makes you so wise!

What the DVF does NOT do is magically turn you into a good dancer. I was unaware until I looked at my pictures from last night that this is my signature dance move/face at weddings - and, presumably, every other time I hear Bon Jovi (which is more often than you'd think):


Even if you have never been to a wedding in New Jersey, you probably could have guessed that there is a great deal of excitement when the band inevitably plays You Give Love a Bad Name. What you might not have known is that this excitement is accompanied by an almost dangerous amount of pointing. As in, YOU give love a bad name, person dancing near me in the circle. And so do YOU, guy from college who looks vaguely familiar. And YOU, waiter carrying puff pastries. And YOU, lady from table twelve. Someone could lose an eye.

Despite all the ugly dance faces and reckless pointing, the DVF still gave me enough class and style to pick up not one, not two, but THREE gentlemen. Although chances are they were not particularly interested in me and my awesome dress, but rather, were looking for someone or something solid against which to lean. The DVF makes you strong, both inside and out!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the perfect DVF accessories. Do you know where they retail? How much?

    ReplyDelete