What happens when one woman (me) wears the world’s most versatile dress (a classic Diane von Furstenberg wrap) every day for thirty days? Well, there’s really only one way to find out.


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day one – the Tea Party Express on Boston Common (as a protestor, obviously. Duh.)

Sarah Palin and the Tea Party Express came to Boston yesterday, so I went to protest – peacefully and civilly, of course, out of reverence for the dress more so than any sort of respect for other people’s opinions. The fact that the one of the more organized protests was an ACTUAL fancy tea party (complete with period dress, linen napkins and bone china) was a good omen. The DVF, with pearls and heels, was, of course, perfect for the occasion.



The tea party (not to be confused with the Tea Party) was great fun, but I really wanted to take the DVF into the belly of the beast – ideally, close enough to see Sarah Palin’s weave. I was curious to see if I would be identified as an interloper and promptly smoked out, or if the dress is so subtle as to protect me from detection as either friend OR foe. The signs were so confusing and overly ironic that I couldn’t figure out who was on which side.



Since the signs weren't always a dead giveaway, people were definitely using demographics to infer teams. I don’t think anyone could figure me out, including this guy, who wouldn’t let me hold his sign, but would let me stand near it to have my picture taken.



Stay tuned for daily updates on the DVF experiment. Tomorrow - the DVF in concert!

1 comment:

  1. Leave it to the DVF to bring some class to the Tea-baggers.

    ReplyDelete